Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Trigger finger by M Audio


I came across one of these one day while hanging out at my local music store. I was not planning on buying one nor did I even know what one was but I did have some money burning a hole in my pocket and like always I was going home with SOMETHING that day.
The owner of the store told me how cool this thing would be if I was getting into midi and how each button could be programed to do whatever you want it to. I must say it took a little while to figure out how to set it up but also remember I am new to everything midi so I'm sure someone who is more experienced could breeze right through it. OK, with all that out of the way, I love this controller. The pads are touch sensitive and seem very durable. I bang the crap out of them when using it to control drum programs and it feels very solid. I program all of the sliders to do different things (faders,volume controls,rolls,etc.) This is very easy to do in ableton live,you just put your mouse on the slider or knob in the program you want to program and then move the one on the Trigger Finger you want to assign it to. I picked this up used but still in perfect condition for 125 dollars...money well spent in my opinion.
I'm sure you are realizing that the only reviews I am doing right now are of stuff that I own so naturally they will probably get high ratings. I give this one a 5 out of 5 just like the midair 37. Both controllers are something I now would not want to be without.
Check out the M Audio Trigger finger here

No comments: