Monday, September 24, 2007

E-MU 0404 sound card



This is the card I am using at the moment and I have no problem with it at all. It has two 1/4" analog inputs and outputs, optical 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out, Coaxial 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF In/Out, and MIDI In/Out. Everything I need at the moment.

Its performs great for me and I have no latency problems at all with it.

My only problem is that I'm thinking of moving to Pro tools and I will need an M-Audio card for that. If it were not for that one reason I'm not sure I would even upgrade right now (if it ain't broke....)

I am looking into firewire mixers. I could kill two birds with one stone because I'm using a little 4 channel mixer right now and I do need some more channels. I'm not sure what I'm going to get yet but for 100 dollars if you are just getting into home recording this little card will do the job.

check out the Emu 0404 here http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=10447 In my opinion its a lot of card for a hundred bucks.

No comments: