Tuesday, January 29, 2008

IBook G4




Well I took the plunge last week. We all know I'm a PC guy who knows nothing about fruit but I got a good deal on an IBook G4 laptop last week that I couldn't pass up. I got it home and turned it on and it booted into the very unfamiliar world of OSX. I found myself with that same feeling you get when you cant find your car at the mall, just kinda staring at the screen with my face lit up all blue from the monitor.

Where is start ? WHERE IS START ?? ..... OK, no start. Click this thing.....OK Where is the Internet? ....WHERE IS THE INTERNET ?? My night went on and on like this until 1 in the morning. After a while I started picking up on the whole layout of things and its not as hard as I once thought. I did manage to get Garage Band open and play with it for a while. I must say I was impressed to see that no matter what midi controller I plugged into this thing it never asked for a driver.

Garage Band was pretty fun, especially for something that comes stock on a laptop. ( I assume it came stock, it is used so maybe it doesn't, I don't know? ) Anyway I am not planning on leaving Ableton Live anyway soon.

All in all this little trendy laptop is fun if for know other reason than it's something new to play with. I like the size (it's the 12 in screen) and of course I love the little glowing Apple on the lid, I mean cmon...IT'S A GLOWING APPLE.
Anyway, I'm not planning on switching my PC in the studio to a mac anyway soon but for 200 dollars I figure I couldn't go wrong. btw, its a powerpc 1.33MHz processor with 784 ram and running an OS called Tiger..........ROARRRRR!!

No comments: