Wednesday, December 19, 2007

AudioCubes ?


AudioCubes anyone? Don't worry, I didn't know either. It turns out that they are Cubes that are capable of generating and processing audio and MIDI information. Meaning they can control programs like Ableton Live by switching their position in relation to each other.

They will also generate lo-fi sounds without using a computer. They ship with a demo of Ableton live and the software for the cubes plus some loops and samples.

There are some videos on their site. Check them out. I think they would be fun to play with and if you were a live DJ or performer they would spice up your performance but I cant see myself using them in my studio. I will say I have never played with them, Ive only seen them on the Internet so I wont be to quick to judge. That's why I wrote this and gave you this link to their site... so you can go judge them.

Here is a video of them in action.

No comments: