Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ableton Live 7 is almost here !



Ableton Live 7 is in beta testing for select Ableton 6 users right now. As soon as I heard this I went to the Ableton site to see what was going on.
I was happy to see a lot of changes that should make the program better. Some of the changes include new and improved devices with side-chaining capability, 64-bit mix summing, better midi timing, hardware integration, and video export.
They also granted some of the wishes of the public in this release. Some of these additions include time signature changes and multiple automation lanes.
The 2 things I read that really excite me are the addition of the new "Drum Rack" which streamlines beat production via an easy drag-and-drop interface and most of all the support of native sliced audio and REX files! Now it will be easy to chop up samples using programs like Recycle and save them as REX files which will be importable to Ableton. This was one of the only things I wished Ableton would do and now it seems my wished are coming true.
So keep checking the Ableton Live website to see when the official release is and give it a try when it's available, I know I am going to.




1 comment:

Eddie Peay said...

Ableton 7 is out now. you can go to their site and download the demo.