Friday, January 14, 2011

What? I had to use the bathroom.


So, my last post on this blog was on March 26th in 2008. There is a reason for this. I was about 3/4 done building my studio and we had twin baby girls. It was five months after that that one of the girls ran into some medical complications and ended up have open heart surgery. After that I just took a really long break and now things are better, my daughter is fine and I have finally started getting back into this.

I literally have not been in my studio in 2+ years. I picked up my acustic guitar last year and took off the the Winfield bluegrass festival with a friend and that got me wanting to play again. I recently gutted the whole studio, had the ceilings and wall painted, and added new carpet and trim. That trim went up tonight! I am excited to start over from scratch this time with a new looking room, I hope you dont miss my 1970's harvest gold shag carpet too much. Anyway the room is totally redone and looks great. Anthony is coming by next week to help re glue all of the sound tiles back up since over the last 2 years most have falllen off. I am not going to use the spray glue this time, I had a lot of trouble with them staying on.

So, I am going to try to post at least once every 2 weeks this time but with 3 little ones Im not making any promises.

Oh yeah, I picked up a microkorg last week, havnt even played with it yet. As soon as I do my next post will probably be on that. Picked it up for 125 bucks......sweet!
Heres the new do on the studio, putting everything back in this weekend. Also upgrading the PC but more on that at a later time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking very nice. Im glad your getting the chance to get back and play some. I hope you can keep the creativity flowing without the shag.........dont underestimate the power of shag. LOL.